2024 Tucson Hybrid | Compact Hybrid SUV
The 2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid represents a noteworthy advancement in the SUV landscape by introducing hybrid powertrains. While the nonhybrid model impresses with its design and features, the Tucson Hybrid and Tucson PHEV elevate speed and fuel efficiency, addressing the acceleration concerns of the base model. These electrified models boast 226 and 261 horsepower, respectively, and a robust torque of 258 pound-feet, offering an enhanced driving experience. A six-speed automatic transmission further distinguishes them from the common CVTs in hybrids, ensuring smoother performance.
What’s New for the 2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid?
N-Line Trim for Tucson Hybrid
- The sporty N-Line trim, previously exclusive to the nonhybrid Tucson, is now available for the Tucson Hybrid.
- This trim enhances acceleration, aligning with Hyundai’s performance-oriented N cars.
- All Tucson Hybrid and Tucson PHEV trims now feature a 10.3-inch infotainment touchscreen, a significant upgrade across the lineup.
Enhanced Safety Features
- New safety features include haptic feedback for lane-keep assistance and blind-spot collision avoidance, along with the addition of rear-side airbags.
Exclusive Paint Options
- Amazon Gray and Hampton Gray paints are now exclusive to the hybrid and PHEV variants, offering distinctive exterior choices.
2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Pricing and Recommendations
- The Tucson Hybrid is priced between $33,660 and $46,535, depending on the selected trim and optional features.
Top Pick: SEL Trim
- Despite losing the volume knob with the infotainment upgrade, the SEL trim balances features and affordability.
- Notable features include LED lighting, wireless phone charging, and a hands-free tailgate.
Considerations for Tucson PHEV
- The Tucson PHEV, priced under $40,000, is an attractive option.
- The SEL trim remains appealing, even without some luxuries from the Limited trim.
- The Tucson PHEV is sold in only 15 states, so interested buyers should check regional availability.
2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Engine, Transmission, and Performance
Robust Hybrid and PHEV Variants
- The Tucson’s hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions offer enhanced power and performance.
- These variants deliver improved acceleration and are equipped with a turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder gas engine and an electric motor.
Acceleration and Transmission
- Paired with a six-speed automatic transmission and featuring standard all-wheel drive, the electrified Tucsons boast impressive acceleration.
- Beyond acceleration, the electrified Tucson provides a satisfying driving experience with solid steering, a comfortable ride, and confident handling.
- The quiet interior at cruising speed enhances the appeal of these models.
2024 Hyundai Tucson Exterior Color Options
The 2024 Hyundai Tucson offers a range of exterior color options to suit diverse preferences:
- Deep Sea
- Hampton Gray
- Intense Blue
- Phantom Black
- Serenity White Pearl
- Shimmering Silver
- Titan Gray
Interior, Comfort, and Cargo
Modern Interior Design
Hyundai’s commitment to modern design shines through in Tucson’s interior, creating an affordable yet sophisticated driving experience. The dashboard showcases a harmonious blend of dark textures with bright accents, housing critical elements like a digital gauge display, a large infotainment screen, a touch-sensitive control panel, and a convenient push-button shifter.
Comfortable Cabin and Cargo Space
The Tucson cabin is designed to provide a comfortable environment for up to four adults. Hyundai prioritizes practicality, which is evident in the accommodation of nine carry-on suitcases behind the second-row seats. Folding the second-row seats further enhances the Tucson’s versatility, increasing luggage capacity to an impressive 22 bags. This emphasis on comfort and practicality adds to the overall appeal of the 2024 Hyundai Tucson, making it a well-rounded choice for drivers seeking a balance of style and functionality.
2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Towing and Payload Capacity
Impressive Towing Capability
- The Hyundai Tucson Hybrid and PHEV exhibit a towing capacity of up to 2000 pounds, surpassing some competitors.
2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Range, Charging, and Battery Life
PHEV Battery and Electric-Only Range
- The Tucson PHEV utilizes a 13.8-kWh battery pack, providing an EPA-estimated electric-only driving range of 33 miles.
- A 7.2-kW onboard charger facilitates a swift recharge, taking about two hours with a Level 2 charging station.
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPGe
Tucson Hybrid Fuel Efficiency
- The EPA estimates the Tucson Hybrid to achieve 38 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.
- The plug-in hybrid model achieves an impressive rating of 80 MPGe combined and covers 33 miles of electric-only driving in the EPA’s testing.
- Real-world testing showed the hybrid model falling slightly short of its EPA-estimated highway fuel economy.
Infotainment and Connectivity
Enhanced Touchscreen Display
- A standard 10.3-inch touchscreen elevates the Tucson’s infotainment system.
- Standard features include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, providing seamless connectivity for smartphone integration.
Premium Audio Options
- Opting for the Limited trim introduces extras such as the Bose premium audio system, enhancing the audio experience for discerning buyers.
Innovative Smartphone App
- Hyundai incorporates advanced technology with its digital essential smartphone app.
- This app offers convenient lock and unlock features and the option for remote start, adding an extra layer of connectivity.
Warranty and Maintenance Coverage
Exceptional Warranty Coverage
- The Tucson Hybrid stands out in the compact SUV market with extensive warranty coverage.
- The Hyundai warranty includes a limited warranty of five years or 60,000 miles, providing a sense of security for owners.
Robust Powertrain Warranty
- The powertrain warranty is equally impressive, covering ten years or 100,000 miles.
- This extended coverage enhances the longevity and reliability of the Tucson Hybrid’s essential components.
Complimentary Maintenance Program
- Hyundai goes a step further by offering a complimentary maintenance program.
- Covering three years or 36,000 miles, this program adds value by taking care of scheduled maintenance without additional costs for the initial period of ownership.
Pros and Cons
- Enhanced Power and Performance:
- The Tucson Hybrid boasts improved acceleration and power, making it a standout in its segment.
- Fuel Efficiency:
- With an EPA-estimated 38 mpg city and highway, the Tucson Hybrid offers impressive fuel efficiency.
- Towing Capability:
- A towing capacity of up to 2000 pounds adds versatility for users requiring towing capabilities.
- Extended Warranty Coverage:
- Hyundai’s warranty coverage, including a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, provides peace of mind for owners.
- Modern Interior Design:
- Tucson’s modern, uncluttered interior and 10.3-inch touchscreen offer a comfortable, tech-savvy driving experience.
- Real-World Fuel Economy Discrepancy:
- In real-world testing, the Tucson Hybrid fell short of its EPA-estimated highway fuel economy, delivering only 28 mpg on a 75-mph route.
- Limited PHEV Availability:
- The Tucson PHEV is available only in 15 states, limiting accessibility for interested buyers.
Q1: What is the starting price of the 2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid?
A1: The starting price for the 2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid is $33,660, with variations depending on the chosen trim and optional features.
Q2: What is the towing capacity of the Tucson Hybrid?
A2: The Tucson Hybrid can tow up to 2000 pounds, providing practical towing capabilities for various needs.
Q3: How does the Tucson Hybrid’s fuel economy compare to the gas-only model?
A3: The Tucson Hybrid boasts an EPA-estimated 38 mpg city and highway, a notable improvement over the gas-only model’s ratings of 26 mpg city and 33 mpg highway.
Q4: Does the Tucson PHEV have an electric-only driving range?
A4: The Tucson PHEV features an electric-only driving range of approximately 33 miles, thanks to its 13.8-kWh battery pack.
The 2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid is a compelling option in the competitive SUV market, offering enhanced power, fuel efficiency, and modern features. With its towing capabilities, extended warranty coverage, and comfortable interior, the Tucson Hybrid caters to diverse preferences. However, potential buyers should be aware of the real-world fuel economy performance and the limited availability of the Tucson PHEV in certain states. Overall, the Tucson Hybrid aligns with Hyundai’s commitment to innovation and sustainability in the automotive landscape.